Havyaka Welfare Trust was formed in 1964 (Formerly known as Havyaka) by 12 enthusiastic Havyakas who had the vision of uniting Havyakas of Mumbai, preserving our ethos and providing social service.
Over the years the Trust has not only fulfilled the above objectives but has also expanded its activities and strengthened the Havyaka community by lending its helping hand to those who are in need.
Today HWT has members about 1756 who are not only residing in Mumbai but spread all over India and different parts of the world.
- In 1990 Premises taken at Kalina Mumbai to provide Hostel and Medical Facility
- In 1991 Premises taken at Dombivili to provide Hostel and Medical Facility for members in Thane and Kalyan Region
- In the year 2013 the Trust purchased a flat at Dombivili at Lodha Regency for its activities.
- Dhyan Mandir was Donated by Lodha Group
- In the Year 2014, the Trust purchased premises at Ghatkopar for its Social & Cultural Activities known as "Havyakara Sabhagraha" and is available to the registered members at a discounted prices on request and availability
The Trust is giving Educational Aid to needy students.
The Trust regularly organises Health Check-up Camp for its members and General public in Mumbai, Thane and Dombivili. Also the Trust gives Medical Aid.
The Trust conducts every year Durga Pooja in a traditional manner. Also regular cultural programs are held to give a platform for its members to showcase their talent. It conducts an Annual picnic to bring a cohesiveness among its younger and elderly members.
The Trust has successfully conducted Women World Convention at Sirsi in December, 2007 which was a grand success and applauded by one and all. It has also collected donations on the said occasion which is earmarked for the welfare of girls/women.
The Trust is also successfully conducting Karki Venkataramana Shastri Suri Programme wherein every year an Eminent Personality in the field of Literature, Journalism and Social Service is recognised and honoured which is now one of the prestigious Award.
The Trust celebrated its 50th year of existence in a grand manner with a year full of various programs which culminated and ended with a grand celebration on 14th September 2014 at Ravindra Natya Mandir.